Here are a few reasons why you should eat at Gaines Street Pies in the near future:
1. They have a convenient downtown location, close to campus on Gaines.
2. They make awesome, neapolitan-style pizzas with first-rate ingredients. We were particularly enamored of the “Figure Four,” which comes with ricotta, mozzarella, goat cheese, roasted fig, capicola, fresh garlic and basil.
3. Look more closely at the preceding photo. Do you see the Walking Dead-themed tabletop art? Yes, you do, and you know that you love shit like that.
4. Speaking of the Walking Dead, they also do this whenever a new episode is airing.
5. The pizzas would be worth it by themselves, but the other food has also been great. I love their arugula salad, and they also make a mean calzone. You should get yours with figs and goat cheese inside, because Sarah says so.
6. The decor is laid back, casual, and hipsterish. I am probably the least cool person who has ever lived, but eating here makes me temporarily feel a bit better about myself, so something is working right.
7. If the shit hits the fan, this horse has his eye on things and will sort it all out:
I could go on, but seven seems like enough reasons already. If it was good enough for the sins and the samurai, it should be good enough to get you to eat really good pizza, after all.